The piMC is a fully assembled and functional media center computer running RaspBMC on a Raspberry Pi (Broadcom BCM2835) System on a Chip (SoC). The Operating System (RaspBMC) is an XBMC distribution that supports many audio, video, and image formats, playlists, audio visualizations, slideshows, provides weather forecasts, and third-party plugins. It is network-capable and supports popular file sharing protocols such as SMB/CIFS/SAMBA, AFP (Apple), NFS, and UPnP (Universal Plug and Play). XBMC is expandable via add-ons that include features such as television program guides, YouTube, movie trailers, and podcasts. XBMC also functions as a gaming platform by allowing users to play mini-games developed with Python, on any operating system.
What’s in the shipment:
- Raspberry Pi (Model B) in an attractive thermoplastic enclosure/case – Blue
- 8GB Transcend SDHC (Class 10) with RaspBMC pre-loaded
- 3ft Male USB to Male MicroUSB Cable (power cord) – Black
- 3ft High Speed HDMI Cable with Ferrite Cores – Black
- 5ft Cat5e Flat Ethernet Bare Copper Network Cable – Black